Thursday, May 24, 2007

Finally... 10 minutes with two 35# KBs in the LC


[ above is a picture of a set of Professional KBs that I hope to receive later this month. They are all the same size, but vary in weight, from 12kg (26#) to 32kg (70#). They are color-coded, with the 12kg is colored blue, the 16kg is yellow, the 24kg is green and the 32kg is red.]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally did the full ten minutes in the Long Cycle with two 35#/16kg KBs [without putting them down, for the uninitiated.] I set my pace at 8 reps a minute, and was able to push it a bit on the last minute and I finished with 83 reps. The best part is that I felt fine the next day; no soreness in my joints and/or muscles. Feeling more comfortable in the rack position, but due to my chest size (from years of heavy benching) and wide shoulders, my rack position will never be as good as most KB athletes.

The next step will be to drop down to doing some 8 minute sets with a faster pace. First I'll do 9 reps a minute, then 10 reps a minute. When I can do 100+ reps in 10 minutes, I'll move up to the 44#/20 kg KBs for my timed sets. My plan is to start at 6 minutes at around 8 reps a minute, building gradually up to 10 minutes and 100+ reps. Then the 53#/24kg KBs will be my tools of choice... Hopefully my Professional set of KBs will be coming soon, which are what are used at official KB Competitions. My set will include a pair of 26#, 35#, 53# and 70# KBs (12, 16, 24, 32kg).

2 Comments:

Blogger Franz Snideman said...

Nice job! 10 minutes with anything is brutal!!!!!!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

Dear god man, 10 minutes in the C&J is awesome. I don't care if you're using a pair of 8KGrs.

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home